It’s time to #SEEALL.
As marketers, our role is simple: deliver growth. Today’s modern family – our customer - is increasingly multicultural by nature and we must make sure our work reflects that. For this reason, our companies should reach out to consumers in relevant and meaningful ways that ultimately have the ability to connect with our customers while lifting corporate growth. Everyone should feel included and valued. It’s time to celebrate diversity. Highlight what makes us different and what brings us together as a society.
According to the US Census, more than 40% of the U.S. population identifies as Hispanic, African American, Asian or of mixed ethnicities. We all can and must elevate the importance of reaching multicultural consumers- strive to deliver relevant communication appropriately suited for them when and where they are most receptive. Media planning should be holistic; marketers’ investments should allow them to connect genuinely with ALL consumers through a mix of both dedicated channels and non-ethnic/race dedicated media in order to optimize business outcomes. Regardless of the platform, marketers should connect via cultural insights in order to maximize impact.
A recent study, “U.S. Multicultural Media Forecast 2019”, conducted by PQ Media on behalf of the ANA’s Alliance for Inclusive and Multicultural Marketing (AIMM), estimated that multicultural media investments account for only 5% of the industry’s overall marketing. Marketers are missing the opportunity to connect with consumers if they believe that “one size fits all”. Improving on this while maintaining healthy spending in national media is a business imperative. Let’s challenge ourselves to drive growth in our business and in doing so, to bring America with us.
Step up and take a bold stand. If not us, then who? If not now, then when? Join the ANA and AIMM. It’s time to #SEEALL
ALLIANCE FOR INCLUSIVE AND MULTICULTURAL MARKETING MANIFESTO
More than ever, consumers now expect to be seen.
To be reflected. To be respected.
Brands can make lasting, meaningful connections by doing more than scratching the surface.
Diverse casting may be a start, but it’s not enough.
It’s time to go further and deeper.
To touch hearts with cultural insights that truly connect.
To emphasize what unifies us and what makes us unique.
Consumers are telling brands to “show us you know us.”
They are demanding marketers to SEE ALL. See all of us.
#SEEALL the ways we live and love.
#SEEALL the ways we celebrate and fascinate.
#SEEALL our preferences and concerns.
Expand your brand’s world view so you can experience the growth your brand deserves.
It’s time to make the commitment to #SEEALL.
See All of Us – who we are and who we can be to you.
Join AIMM @ #SEEALL
AIMM Advisory Board SIgnatures
- Bob Liodice, CEO, Association of National Advertisers and AIMM Co-Chair
- Marc Pritchard, Chief Brand Officer, Procter & Gamble and ANA Board Chair
- Tony Rogers, Chief Member Officer, Sam’s Club and AIMM Co-Chair
- John Dillon, Chief Brand Officer & SVP Marketing, Denny’s and AIMM Vice Chair
- Michael Lacorazza, EVP & Head of Integrated Marketing, Wells Fargo and AIMM Founding Chair
- Lisette Arsuaga, Co-President, DMI and AIMM Co-Founder
- Emily Callahan, Chief Marketing Officer, ALSAC/St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Geoff Cotrill, SVP, Strategic Marketing, Coca-Cola North America Group
- Gilbert Dávila, Co-President, DMI and AIMM Co-Founder
- Bill Duggan, Group EVP, Association of National Advertisers
- Joy Falotico, Global Chief Marketing Officer, Ford
- Eric Feinberg, Chief Marketing Officer, eSSENTIAL Accessibility
- Rick Gomez, EVP & Chief Marketing Officer, Target
- Ivan Pollard, Global Chief Marketing Officer, General Mills
- Carlos Santiago, President, SSG and AIMM Co-Founder
- Lisa Sherman, President and CEO, AdCouncil
- Nuno Teles, President, Diageo Beer Co. USA
- Jane Wildman, Board Member, SSA & Company