Margarita Hernandez, of Cision/PR Newswire and former HPRA National Board Secretary and Miami chapter Treasurer was voted 2019 HPRA Miami President. Erika Cruz, from Edelman, will serve as VP/President elect.
As the only non-profit association dedicated to Hispanic marketing & communications professionals and those seeking insights into the Hispanic market, HPRA provides professional development tools and resources on the latest trends, issues and best practices in the field.
"Now in our fifth year, I am honored to lead and continue to grow the Miami chapter and serve as a resource for our local professionals," said Hernandez. "We have a dynamic team who will be leading programming initiatives to help create connections and opportunities for our members."
In addition to Hernandez and Cruz, the HPRA Miami 2019 Executive Board includes:
- Treasurer: Nelliette Cruz, Havas Formulatin
- Secretary: Dionne de Vallois, sociedAD
- Social Media: Annette Malkin, Marketing & Communications Strategist
- Membership: Bea Garcia, Americas Deutsche Post DHL
- Programming: Dawn Page, Telemundo Network and Nikole Flores, Savage Collective
- Digital Marketing: Daniela Martucci, DMH Americas
- Scholarship: Rodrigo Castro Onate, BCW Global
- Student Development: José González, Havas Formulatin
HPRA Miami will be coordinating professional development initiatives and exclusive networking opportunities with top journalists and industry thought leaders as well as helping full-time Hispanic college students pursuing a career in PR, advertising or marketing.