The gala and fundraising event will take place at Miami’s Rusty Pelican restaurant from 6:30 PM to 11:00 PM and will feature a Who’s Who of Hispanic marketing and media professionals. The dinner will highlight the center’s trailblazing work over the last 15 years with a special tribute to founders and long-time program benefactors Dr. Felipe and Betty Ann Korzenny.
“Felipe and Betty Ann built a nationally recognized program that today not only serves the entire Hispanic marketing and communications industry but whose work is more critically needed than ever,” said Dr. Sindy Chapa, Associate Director and Assistant Professor of FSU’s Center for Hispanic Marketing Communication. “As we celebrate their legacy and our industry achievements, we must be mindful that sustaining the program’s excellence is a shared responsibility of our industry.”
Funds raised at the gala will benefit the Betty Ann & Felipe Korzenny Endowment for Hispanic Marketing, which supports program activities and scholarships, as well as student recruitment and retention, sustaining the Center for future generations.
As part of the gala, the Center will also honor its Advisory Board members:
- Leif Roll, VP of Marketing, State Farm, & Chair of the Advisory Board
- Juan José Nuñez, President and CEO, Vertical3 Media
- Peter Villegas, VP of Latin America Affairs, Coca Cola Company
- Adrien Lanusse, VP Consumer Insights, Netflix
- Rafael Jaramillo, President of Latin America Emerson Climate Technologies
- Eduardo Perez, Partner, PM3 Advertising Agency
- Yvette Martinez-Wilson, Syniverse North America Lead, Partnership & Strategic Alliances
- Yesenia Reyes, Managing Director for Accenture’s Health and Public Service Practice
- Orlando Comas, Senior Strategic Growth Director, The Miami Herald
- Javier M. Delgado-Granados, Senior Director of Marketing, Walmart
- Arminda Figueroa, Founder and CEO, Latin 2 Latin Marketing + Communication
- Allan Vargas, Founder and CEO, 4DV Marketing
- Lourdes Garcia, Advertising and Marketing Entrepreneur
- Joe Zubi, Senior Vice President, Communications, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
About The Center for Hispanic Marketing Communication
The Center for Hispanic Marketing Communication at Florida State University was founded by Dr. Felipe Korzenny in 2004. The Center’s programs are housed in the FSU School of Communication. The Center is the first of its kind in the United States devoted to educating students and professionals in the field. Faculty and students working with the Center are conducting ground-breaking research and serving as an innovative resource for the Hispanic marketing industry.
For more information, visit https://hmc.comm.fsu.edu/