Throughout Sabor Season, four Hispanic chefs and a pitmaster will take over the National Pork Board’s “Pork Es Sabor” Hispanic-focused Instagram account to teach LIVE virtual grilling classes.
“Pork continues to be the centerpiece protein in our Latin culture and traditions, which are usually celebrated at the family dinner table or at gatherings with close friends,” said Jose de Jesus, senior director of multicultural marketing at the National Pork Board. “That’s especially true during grilling season when pork chops and ribs are the meat of choice for Hispanics.”
Sabor Season LIVE is a series of free, interactive, virtual classes between chefs and consumers, where Latino families and communities can come together to celebrate, recreate dishes, and learn tips and hacks for grilling or smoking the perfect pork cut. Participants will be able to access the list of recipe ingredients for each upcoming class in advance via the National Pork Board’s Pork Es Sabor social media platforms.
The chefs, who will bring their expertise and favorite grilling and smoking tips to the Sabor Season virtual classes, include:
- Jose Mendin, a five-time James Beard Award nominee and the chef and owner of Pubbelly Sushi and La Placita in Miami
- Roberto Mezanava, a pitmaster from Nashville, Tennessee
- Ana Quincoces, a celebrity chef, food entrepreneur, and cookbook author
- Wesley Avila, a celebrated chef and founder of Guerrilla Tacos in Los Angeles, and author of the cookbook “Guerrilla Tacos: Recipes from the streets of LA”
- Richard Sandoval, chef and global restaurateur, and owner of Maya Restaurant in New York City