December 15, 2000

Latino Broadcasting Company Spanish-language radio network announced that it will broadcast Super Bowl XXXV.

For the fifth consecutive year Latino Broadcasting Company, will be the official and exclusive Spanish-language radio network of the National Football League's Super Bowl.

Calling the game for LBC, are famed sports commentator Jessi Losada and play-by-play announcer Kenny Garray. LBC's "Super Sunday" coverage from Tampa's Raymond James Stadium is scheduled to begin at 5:30 EST on Sunday, January 28th. This exclusive broadcast will be carried by over 35 stations and heard in 86% of the US Hispanic market.

According to LBC President, Tony Hernandez, this years Super Bowl sales have been significant, despite a noticeable fall-off in "dot-com" advertising. "Our core sponsors have signed on once again and they are back in a big way. I am happy to report that Sears is the title sponsor once again, marking their fifth consecutive year as title sponsor of LBC's Super Bowl coverage. Additional sponsors include Bank of America, Chevrolet, Cingular, Continental Airlines, Yupi.com, and the New York Times. The only sponsor not back from last year is the US Army, and I'm hopeful they will sign on in the coming week." Hernandez adds, "This is undoubtedly the single largest Sporting event in the world and its popularity among US Hispanics has grown dramatically. Everyone knows the Super Bowl is the single most important event for targeting young males. What many clients now realize is that the Super Bowl is also the premiere vehicle for reaching masses of young Hispanic men."

With 90% of their Super Bowl inventory sold, Hernandez expects to close the remaining 10% within the next week. For sponsorship information, you should contact LBC's General Sales Manager, Ino Gomez at 212-904-1455. For affiliation information, please contact Elisa Torres, Director of Affiliate Relations at 305-857-6665. Latino Broadcasting Company is also the exclusive Spanish-language radio network of Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, and over 95 Mexican Professional Soccer matches. LBC is a 100% Hispanic owned and operated company.

Leave a reply

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.