On Thursday, May 2, CNN en Español and CNN Latino unveiled its programming for the next year at the cocktail upfront reception held at the boutique hotel in Manhattan, Ink48.
Cynthia Hudson, senior vice president and general manager of CNN en Español and Hispanic Strategy for CNN/U.S. announced that CNN en Español, CNN's independently produced 24-hour network in Spanish, will be taking several shows on the road this year. Conclusiones, the primetime show that airs on CNN en Español hosted by Fernando del Rincon that monitors the key happenings of the day, combining in-depth analysis of the most important news of the day, will be taped in Los Angeles in October.
CNN en Español's morning, magazine-style news show, Café CNN, anchored by Carlos Montero, Lucia Navarro and Alejandra Oraa, will also hit the road and tape its show from Mexico in September. For one week, the show will travel to Mexico to showcase the best of what this country has to offer: from music to gastronomy, its novel and modern architecture, to the richness of its history and colonial heritage, as well as interviews with some of the most notable artists, politicians, and economists.
Moreover, Cala, the primetime interview show that airs on CNN en Español hosted by renowned journalist Ismael Cala, will tape a special series of interviews from Los Angeles in November with some of the most prominent Latin Americans and U.S. Hispanics.
The shows for CNN en Español that will have new special editions this year include:
· Fashion Backstage Pass, a world-wide take at Fashion Week that goes behind the scenes to look at the latest trends in the industry, and will showcase interviews with up-and-coming designers, as well as established designers, tastemakers, and brands;
· Planeta Verde, a series of special reports presented by CNN Special Correspondent, environmentalist, and documentalist, Phillipe Cousteau, who will take a close look at environmental issues that address different aspects of the environment, including companies and individuals who make a difference with regard to the future of our planet;
· Camino a la Copa Brasil 2014, CNN en Español's coverage of the days leading up to the World Cup and the tournament live from Brazil and around the world, with insightful reporting, high profile interviews, specials, in-depth analysis, and a global perspective, not only on the air, but also online and on mobile;
· Frente a Frente, a series of specials hosted by Spanish Journalist, Ana Pastor, where she will interview some of the most important Spanish and international personalities, from the fields of politics, arts, culture , and sports, and:
· Vive el Golf with Lorena Ochoa, presented by former Mexican golf player to be ranked number one in the world, Lorena Ochoa, is the ideal vehicle for all viewers, whether golf savvy or not, to enjoy tournaments, learn about the sport and its techniques, follow the most prominent players, and acquire a taste for playing golf.
CNN en Español's radio affiliate, Stardome Radio Networks, which reaches over 66% of today's Hispanic radio audiences will be expanding its radio content and excelling by uniting forces to offer advertisers a complete 360 platform opportunity.
CNN en Español's website CNNEspanol.com will also be expanding its web content within the CNN platform, as well as its social media content. Currently CNN en Español is number one on Twitter and number two on Facebook in Spanish language news worldwide.
CNN Latino, the Spanish-language eight hour U.S. Hispanic programming block initially launched in Los Angeles and has now expanded to New York, Orlando, Tampa, Phoenix, and Salt Lake City will continue to expand in other key markets in the United States. They also introduced special announcements during the upfront, which included the presentation of its programming.
o Magazine CNN is a collage of the best lifestyle, profiles and news-you-can use that will put viewers at the center of conversation with advice and developments in Latino leadership, family issues, technology, human stories, and everything our audience needs to know, hosted by Maria Alejandra Requena on Monday through Friday at 3 p.m.
o CNN Vida, is a lifestyle branded block franchise divided in five days that takes viewers on adventures around the world showcasing unique destinations, high fashion and jewelry, designer trends, style, trends in music, art and entertainment, culinary experiences, trends for longevity, spiritual connections and tips to focus on body and soul plus a weekly spot for healthy living, medical advice and wellness, hosted by Dr. Marisa Azaret, Sasha Rionda, Govind Armstrong, and Andre Mifano, from Monday through Friday at 3:30 p.m.
o Archivo CNN, a show that gives you access to magnificent archives, which contain video of extraordinary footage from around the world with hosted by Maria Regina Bustamante, Monday through Friday at 4 p.m.
o Cruzando Fronteras combines an experienced team of journalists with some of the country's top experts and newsmakers to go in-depth on key stories driving the national agenda in Mexico and the United States, hosted by Mario Gonzalez, Monday through Friday at 5:30 p.m.
o Showbiz Latino, co-hosted by Mariela Encarnacion from “Latino Hollywood” in Miami and Juan Carlos Arciniegas from star-studded Los Angeles, reports and debates the biggest, most talked about, and most controversial celebrity entertainment news stories of the day, engaging viewers with a revealing look at trending topics where Showbiz Latino makes your Latino stars are our guests. The show is broadcast on Monday through Friday at 6 p.m.
o Panorama USA is the main CNN Latino newscast presenting Global and U.S. news, which serves as a window to the world on the topics that are of most vital interest for US Hispanic viewers that need to know what happens not only in the USA, but also in their countries back home hosted by Fernando del Rincon on Monday through Friday at 6:30 p.m.
o Contrastes con Camila Egaña, is a show that evaluates our world from a unique perspective with the collaboration of unique guests and experts, hosted by Camilo Egaña, Monday through Friday at 7:30 p.m.
o Sin Límites with Elizabeth Espinosa is a talk show, magazine-styled program, hosted by Elizabeth that will explore the issues affecting the Los Angeles community presented in a more actualized environment, and is broadcast on Monday through Friday at 8 p.m.
o Deportes USA delivers the most interesting weekend Sports news to the Hispanic fans in the U.S. with a combination of game highlights, interviews, and analysis of the news of the day, hosted by Marcela Trucios, and is transmitted on Saturday and Sunday at 11:30 p.m.