By Lance Venta
Entravision has made format changes in twelve markets this morning as it has eliminated the Spanish Adult Hits “José” brand from its portfolio along with its final Spanish CHR “Super Estrella” station.
Two of the markets where José had operated have flipped to Regional Mexican “La Tricolor“. Those are the Los Angeles/Inland Empire trimulcast of 97.5 KLYY Riverside/103.1 KDLD Santa Monica/103.1 KDLE Newport Beach and 105.9 KRZY-FM Santa Fe/Albuquerque NM. The Los Angeles station will feature the Los Metiches Show in mornings. Formerly known as the LMShow, it had aired in afternoons on many of Entravision’s now former José stations.
In the other ten markets, Entravision is launching its “Suavecita” brand. Suavecita debuted in December 2016 in the Los Angeles market and features Regional Mexican Oldies from the 1980s and 1990s. The new stations joining that brand are:
- Denver – 1090 KMXA Aurora/92.1 KJMN Castle Rock
- El Centro CA – 94.5 KSEH Brawley
- El Paso – 93.9 KINT-FM El Paso
- Las Vegas – 92.7 KRRN Moapa Valley
- Monterey/Salinas – 107.1 KSES Seaside
- Palm Springs – 94.7 KLOB Thousand Palms
- Phoenix – 106.9 KDVA Buckeye/107.1 KVVA-FM Apache Junction
- Rio Grande Valley – 101.1 KNVO-FM Port Isabel
- Sacramento – 104.3 KXSE Davis
- Stockton/Modesto – 98.9 KCVR-FM Columbia/97.1 KTSE-FM Patterson
Courtesy of RadioInsights.com