It’s no big news that small agencies are winning in the current advertising ecosystem. Neither is it a huge secret why they are winning. But how should agencies—of any size—factor this trend into their positioning?  by Mark Duval - Duval Partnership

Richards/Lerma announced that Jorge “Rosie” Rosales received a first-place recognition at the 2019 American Advertising Federation Awards.

UniWorld Group, Inc. has announced a new executive addition. Victor Paredes has joined UWG as VP Creative Strategy.

The current state of agency-client relationships is not good, and it's affecting your new business efforts.  by Mark Duval - The Duval Partnership

Alma, part of the Omnicom Network, yielded exceptional results at the 50th Annual U.S. Effie Awards. The agency was named the fourth most-effective agency in the U.S. and was awarded five Effie Awards across four major clients and multiple categories, making it the most highly-awarded multicultural agency of the year.

The prestigious DMN Marketing Hall of Femme and Women to Watch program recognizes female marketers who have taken risks, pushed limits, and achieved standout success in their marketing careers.

At the end of 2017, Adobe published a report showing that almost two-thirds (62 percent) of marketers planned to take all their programmatic media buying in-house by 2022, with the remaining 38 percent planning to take some elements of programmatic under direct control in the same period. A 2018 ANA report showed a similar effect from in-housing. The ANA's "The Continued Rise of the In-house Agency" report, which replicated and updated similar studies from 2013 and 2008, found that the number of advertisers with in-house agencies has grown substantially, standing today at 78 percent of brands, compared to 58 percent five years ago and just 42 percent a decade back. Sixty-five percent of advertisers said that the in-house agency workload had grown "substantially" in the past year.

Having been away from the game for a little over a year, I watch with morbid curiosity as the ad agency business continues its downward slide.  The latest? The RFP recently issued by General Mills.  GM, like many clients, are going away from agency-of-record relationships. Now, the big CPG wants to buy its creative ala carte.  Creative tapas, if you will.  By Patrick Scullin

After a decade of steady growth, in-house agencies are finding their place in the sun. In March, marketers from some of the world's best-known brands took the stage at the ANA In-House Agency Conference in Orlando to celebrate the evolution of their departments from transactional "creative services" shops to high-value divisions that drive growth and customer engagement in a changing media and consumer marketplace.

MSK, A WORLD RENOWNED CANCER CENTER, has appointed ALMA as its Hispanic agency of record following a competitive pitch.

The ANA released a new report, "Enhancing Trust Between Marketers and Agencies," in 2019 — for which 119 ANA client-side marketer members were polled.

Lebrón was previously Chief Creative Officer of República Havas in Miami. He will now be based out of Walton Isaacson Los Angeles, leading all work for that office as well as WI Chicago, Dallas and New York.

Agencies have always operated in a competitive market, but now, they must contend with brand clients bringing marketing tasks in-house and consultancies encroaching on their turf.

Considering the time, energy and expense marketers spend conducting reviews—and that agencies spend on developing new business—it’s critical for both partners to ensure a long and fruitful relationship.

LatinWorks, part of Omnicom Group Inc., has rebranded itself as Third Ear.